Friday, July 10, 2009

Let God Be Your Stronghold (Strong Hold)!

Psalm 27:1 ..."the Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid."

strong= firm; solid; steadfast; powerful

hold= (verb)to believe; (noun) binding power and influence; prison

prison= any place of confinement or restraint.
Let God be your firm, solid, steadfast, powerful belief.

Let God have a firm, solid, steadfast, binding power and influence in your life.

Did you know that you could be in prison in your mind? A prison is any place of confinement and restraint. We can be confined and restrained (in prison) with our thought life. But we can choose what we put in our mind.

As I write this, the thoughts in my mind are being restrained. They are being confined to the needs of the day ahead of me. Then I cast those thoughts down (throw them out) and ask the Lord to be the stronghold in my life. In short, to be the 'solid binding power and influence' in my life, my heart opens up to His Way, His Word, His direction. This is just a small example of how the thoughts in your mind can be a prison. You can choose to open those doors.
In an actual prison, you have a key, and a person to put the key in the lock to unlock the door to get out. Guess what? Jesus is the person who has the key to unlock the door. When you make Him your 'solid, binding power and influence' (your stronghold) in your life, then He frees you from all of the solid, binding power and influence (strongholds)that the devil tries to put on you! Pretty cool,huh?

No comments: